Books I Recommend All Christians Read
In no real particular order:
- Genesis - Revelation - Plenary Verbal Inspiration of the Holy Spirit | "The Bible" is one of the most popular "Favorite Books" on Facebook, but have you read it in its entirety?
- How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth - Gordon Fee / Douglas Stuart | An excellent introductory level primer on biblical hermeneutics.
- The Treasure Principle - Randy Alcorn | A life changing book on proper Christian stewardship and financing the advancement of the Kingdom of God.
- The Reason for God - Tim Keller | Addresses Atheism and common objections to Christianity. Keller provides basic Apologetics on the level of the everyday man.
- Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis | The original radio broadcast hits the essentials and key thoughts of Christianity.
- What's So Amazing About Grace - Philip Yancey | The scandal of grace and the scandal of a God who would dispense it so freely explained.
- Radical - David Platt | True Christianity stripped of all its American trappings.
- Celebration of Discipline - Richard Foster | Not salvation by works, but biblical practices (Spiritual Disciplines) to enrich your walk with The Lord.
- Cost of Discipleship - Dietrich Bonhoeffer | Illumines how far we all have to go in our walks with Christ as Bonhoeffer reveals how much we gloss over sacrifice inherent in the teachings of Christ.
- T4T - Ying Kai | A discipleship process that only disciples new believers, but trains them to disciple new disciples on how to disciple new disciples.
Great Local Churches
- Riverbend Community Church - Columbia, SC | RiverCity House Church Network
- Vineyard Community Church - Augusta, GA
- Fellowship Bible Church - Roswell, GA
- Athens Vineyard Church - Athens, GA
- Baptist Collegiate Ministries (formerly BSU) - Athens, GA (campus ministry)
- Village Church of Barrington - Barrington, IL
- Calvary Evangelical Free Church - Trumbull, CT
- (I'm aware of many other great churches, but these are the ones I experienced personally as a part of the body)